Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Why think out loud?

As Dr. Seuss has been credited for saying, "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

By no means did I coin the term to "think out loud"... that is a collection of words I have been hearing my father say my whole life and the phrase my boss uses repeatedly to illustrate transparency in educational settings.

Probably because of my father, I love to experience other people's perspectives through the myriad of modalities humans choose to express themselves.

I believe that our exponentially growing human intelligence and our ability to evolve is contingent on our continual expression of thoughts and feelings through a variety of languages-- the written word, or the sound of music, or the variation of color and design. The more perspectives humans encounter, the more connected we are to what I believe is the purpose of our human experience-- to live/to love. Those words are synonyms... in case you didn't know. (I think I'm right about this one.)

So, what do I know? Not very much. All I know is that years from now, when I'm older and wiser, I want to know what in the world I was thinking...

I love words and pictures. Pictures weave words together in my mind and are the modalities with which I chose to express myself. This blog is the act of thinking out loud and sharing my evolving perspective and experience. My words and pictures are for me, and if you enjoy them... great! If not, move along... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment